Mission, Vision and Objectives
The mission of the Harvard Business School Real Estate Alumni Association is to make a difference to professionals in the industry by facilitating/coordinating opportunities for interactions and increasing the flow of communication among the alumni body and serving as a link to Harvard Business School faculty, administration, and students.
To create a self-sustaining organization that provides members with meaningful opportunities to interact, exchange information and provides them with significant long-term value.
- Stimulate discussion among HBS alumni of current business issues facing the Real Estate Industry;
- Promote business/social relationships among alumni engaged in the Real Estate Industry across geographies and sectors;
- Recognize outstanding entrepreneurial and managerial achievement by alumni industry business executives;
- Promote continuing relationships with current MBA students and Executive Education participants;
- Provide support for Real Estate related curriculums, programs and initiatives at HBS including promoting participation in HBS Executive Education courses in Real Estate and related sectors;
- Provide job and career resources for alumni in the industry;
- Encourage and provide opportunities for members to positively impact social causes that relate to the industry;
- Act as an information source for industry data by providing news and other information as well as alerting industry professionals of HBS Publishing materials relevant to the industry (cases, books, HBR articles, etc.);
- Communicate Real Estate Alumni views to the Alumni Programs Office;
- Encourage outstanding young leaders to apply to HBS in pursuit of a career in Real Estate;
- Other uses relevant to HBS, industry and alumni as determined by the Board of Directors and club leadership.